View All AC Transit JobsAC Transit
Directs the functions and activities of the District’s annual operating budget process, including the development of budgeting assumptions, analysis of budget submittals, and presentation materials intended for Executive Staff and the Board of Directors.
- Directs the activities of subordinate management and professional staff engaged in budget preparation and administration, capital planning and grants, and fixed assets accounting.
- Directs the review of District-wide budget performance on a quarterly and annual basis; identifies variances, and recommends additional allocations or reductions.
- Develops goals, policies and procedures for the Budget unit; and assigns, delegates, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned staff; coordinates staff training, reviews performance, and recommends and implements progressive discipline as needed.
- Provides financial information, forecasting, and economic analysis and consultation to the General Manager, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Executive staff, and Board of Directors; including feasibility studies and cost analyses.
- Consults with the CFO on a continual basis to determine the financial impact of alternative financial decisions.Develops and implements actions and strategies to address economic fluctuations.
- Represents the Budget unit, Finance department, and the District in a variety of inter-agency, governmental, and public forums. Prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Monitors and enforces financial and personnel usage controls.
- Reports to the Board of Directors as required by Executive staff and the CFO.
- Administers the activities, and reviews the work of external consultants.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in finance, economics, business administration, accounting, or a closely related field. A post graduate degree; and/ or certification in one or more fields directly related to budgeting, accounting, and/or finance, are highly desired.
- Equivalent to at least eight (8) years of recent, verifiable, and increasing responsible experience in budget development and administration, including at least five (5) years supervising subordinate staff.
- Experience in a large public sector organization, and/or familiarity with transit or transportation systems.
Company: AC Transit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A