View All AC Transit JobsAC Transit
This is an excellent opportunity to work at the largest bus agency in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending, and a 457 savings plan. As an AC Transit employee, you would become part of an extended family of individuals who take great pride in making a difference in the communities that they service.
- Performs customer service activities; assists passengers with directions; answers questions regarding District operations, rules, and regulations; responds to conflicts and disruptive/hostile/abusive passengers consistent with AC Transit provided training and instruction.
- Performs pre-trip transit vehicle inspections; identifies and reports safety concerns, defects and malfunctions, and other needed repairs.
- Operates equipment including computerized fare-box, electronic head sign, doors, tailgate, windows, emergency escape hatch, rear lift (vans only), mirrors, seats, emergency brake system, and rear start.
- Assists passengers requiring special assistance in a professional manner to ensure access to public transportation for all and to promote passenger safety; consistent with District instruction, assists all passengers in compliance with applicable civil rights statutes, regulations, and policies.
- In compliance with AC Transit provided training regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), operates passenger lift and kneeler to provide access to disabled passengers in boarding and de-boarding, and safely secures disabled passengers.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Operates a variety of District vehicles to transport passengers in a safe and courteous manner along a fixed route; transports buses between Divisions, and to other District locations as required.
- Graduation from high school or has attained a General Education Diploma (GED), California High School Proficiency Certificate or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years operating a motor vehicle and one (1) year of public contact or customer service experience; must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, professional interaction with customers, and the ability to courteously diffuse conflict. Motivated, dependable, punctual and assumes pride in representing AC Transit. Ability to work independently, follow safety rules and company policies at all times.
- Applicants must meet the District’s safe driving standards including: 21 years of age. 3 years of driving with a regular license. Not more than one (1) moving violation in the past three(3) years. No At-Fault accidents in the past three (3) years. No “Failures to Appear” or “Failures to Pay” in the last three (3) years. No suspensions in the last three (3) years. No Reckless Driving or DUI (driving under the influence) in the last seven (7) years.
Company: AC Transit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A