View All Ascension Jobs Ascension
Assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Review and assess medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommend formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compound and dispense medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicate with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversee technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies. Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs.
- Provide patient counseling efficiently and effectively when required.
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Wisconsin Pharmacy Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required. Pharmacy residency preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Wausau, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A