View All City of Milwaukee Jobs City of Milwaukee
The Water Distribution Repair Worker I serves as part of a crew that repairs and maintains the water distribution system to ensure that customers have quality, sufficient water with minimal interruption.
- Repair, maintain, and install water mains, pipe joints, valves, services, and branches while maintaining the quality of the water.
- Perform hydrant repairs for various models in the water distribution system.
- Conduct hydrant replacement as assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including exercising valves, testing hydrants, making rehabilitation repairs, locating and marking appurtenances, accessing box alignments, and locating leaks.
- Operate various types of construction equipment, including tri-axle dump trucks with trailers, backhoe/end loaders with concrete busters, air compressors and hammers, utility vans or trucks, drill-rig trucks, and any other equipment assigned to specific projects.
- Operate various pneumatic and hand tools for completing repairs.
- Perform shop duties as assigned, including organizing and properly storing tools, supplies, materials, and equipment to facilitate field operations.
Backhoe or front-end loader operation experience.
State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Waterworks Operator Certification for Distribution Systems Operations (Subclass D).
Wisconsin CDL N endorsement (tank vehicles).
Water distribution system piping and appurtenances repair and maintenance experience.
Knowledge of underground construction practices and procedures.
Knowledge of construction safety principles and practices and the ability to perform work safely.
Ability to learn and identify various hydrant models.
Ability to carefully use job-related hand tools and pneumatic tools.
Ability to safely operate construction vehicles and equipment.
Ability to understand basic mechanical and plumbing concepts.
Company: City of Milwaukee
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Milwaukee WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A