Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
Your Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) background provides skill sets in areas the FBI needs most. To keep pace with evolving threats, we need Special Agents who are logical thinkers and experienced in network security, computer science, software engineering, mathematical formulation and technology. And as a Special Agent, you will be integrated into all of the different areas in which we work.
- Whether it’s a counterterrorism or counterintelligence investigation, your skills could make the difference in catching the bad guy. You’ll also have opportunities to become a Technically Trained Agent or part of our Computer Analysis Response Teams — our most elite teams that provide technological services to meet unique investigative needs in operational environments.
- You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and you will work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Technology permeates every aspect of what we do, whether it’s counterterrorism, criminal investigations or traditional cyberattacks. Investigating technology and computer-based cybercrimes (website hacks, intrusions, data theft, ransomware and other attacks) make up some of our top priorities.
- A deep understanding of the deployment, administration and support of information and computing infrastructure.
- BA/BS degree (preferably in information technology, forensic science, computer technology or similar disciplines).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and nontechnical colleagues and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated technical expertise.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A