View All FDA JobsFood and Drug Administration
This position is located in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Food Additive Safety (OFAS), Division of Science and Technology (DST), Scientific Development Branch (SDB) which provides scientific and operational systems to promote OFAS efficiency and success in all aspects of its operation.
- The incumbent serves as a Data Scientist, performing work in database design and implementation, data product design and implementation, and implementing technologies from machine learning and artificial intelligence as appropriate to solve a variety of data related challenges facing the office.
- Develops, executes, and /or presents analytical models, methodologies and results to solve problems and conduct analyses relating to OFAS’ pre-market and post-market program operations, evaluations, and management systems for the Office.
- Utilizes appropriate quantitative methods in support of the program area, develops questions, builds models, analyzes data, and/or recommends risk-based actions.
- Manages, evaluates, and/or conducts independent program and/or project analyses and analyses of alternatives of programs and process improvement in
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in operations research; or a degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics.
- At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus. (You must submit a copy of your transcript(s) demonstrating such education when submitting your resume)
- Ph.D. or an equivalent doctoral degree (M.D., D.V.M., or Sc.D. etc.) is required. Candidates must possess strong collaborative skills, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience in scientific critique. (You must submit a copy of your transcript(s) demonstrating such education when submitting your resume)
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A