View All Federal Law Enforcement JobsFederal Law Enforcement
As an FBI Special Agent with a military or law enforcement background, your tactical skills, leadership, integrity, teamwork and dedication are key. We’re looking for detectives, military backgrounds (Special Forces, explosives, WMD, intelligence) and pilots (helicopter and fixed-wing). You may also join the Hostage Rescue Team (HRT), the Special Agent Bomb Tech (SABT) Program and the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team.
Wherever you may be working now, we need your expertise! Motivated individuals from a wide range of military and law enforcement backgrounds have become Special Agents. We’re looking for experts from all specialty areas to create a diverse, high-functioning, multidisciplinary team that can stay ahead of threats. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgements.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) at least twice during the application process; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Company: Federal Law Enforcement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Military
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A