Website Florida East Coast Railway
The Director of Equipment will assist with the coordination of repair and maintenance of all roadway maintenance machines and maintenance of way vehicles. Create and maintain a database of roadway equipment parts, repairs, cost of operation and production. Train and observe equipment operators and mechanics for safe and proper operating procedures, maintenance, repairs and preventive maintenance, including production tampers, excavators, backhoes, power tools and other roadway equipment. The position will require extensive travel along with weekend and after hours work on a regular basis. This will be a “hands on” working supervisory position to include relieving mechanics on vacations or at various times as needed.
- Maintain Databases for work equipment
- Requisitions supplies and materials to complete maintenance and work equipment
- Dispatch and coordinate mechanics for safe and efficient repair of work
- Investigates equipment accidents and safety issues of equipment
- Prepares forecast overhaul repair reports
- Provides project management oversight to ensure consistency of maintenance practices
- Quality control of parts and modifications if needed
- Manage equipment fleet assets
- Ensure vehicles are in compliance with DOT and company policies and requirements
- Manage the Roadway Maintenance Machine and Lock Out-Tag Out policies to insure FRA compliance
- Prepare specifications and standards for new vehicles and equipment
- Manage supplier relationships and work closely with FEC purchasing department
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed be-low are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Rea-son-able accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four‑year college or university in civil or industrial engineering; or three (3) years’ related experience with railway work equipment and/or train-ing in track construction and maintenance; or equivalent combina-tion of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints and trouble shoot the systems, general business periodi-cals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regula-tions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and proce-dure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the gen-eral public.
Company: Florida East Coast Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A