Website Florida East Coast Railway
Plans, coordinates, and supervises activities of workers engaged in repairs, inspections, and installation of systems, apparatus, and components of railroad signaling systems, communication systems and highway traffic control devices by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
- Supervises the maintenance of signaling and traffic control devices; analyzes operational malfunctioning with testing devices to locate, diagnose, and ascertain repairs to be made.
- Supervises the installation of railroad signaling equipment and highway traffic control devices according to layout plans and/or FRA regulations.
- Plans work assignments, manages materials and schedules for signal maintenance projects.
- Investigates accidents and issues restorative work orders.
- Provides technical assistance and training for subordinate employees.
- Manages written records of all tests, inspections, and repairs performed and insures conformance to all company, state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 5 years of signal maintenance and signal communication work experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Associate’s degree (AA) from a Technical College with an emphasis in Electronics
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study
- 5 or more years of signal maintenance and signal communication work experience
- Supervisory experience to include: training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications–both general and technical)
Company: Florida East Coast Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A