View All HHSC JobsU.S. Department of Health and Human Services
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of the General Counsel, headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services in multiple locations through this vacancy announcement.
- Examine and prepare appropriate response to complaints and hearing requests;
- Prepares the answers, motions, affidavits, briefs, or other pleadings appropriate to the defense of the cases for filing in the courts or administrative tribunals in conformity with applicable rules and regulations;
- Conducts depositions and all other discovery of adverse witnesses and performs cross examination during formal proceedings;
- Attends pretrial and pre-hearing conferences and presents all required motions, statements, summaries, and witness lists;
- Negotiates directly with opposing counsel regarding offers of settlements;
- Prepares in writing and orally presents legal and factual arguments and required motions.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service – http://www.sss.gov
- Suitable for federal employment
- Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. All information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation.
- Documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date.
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must possess a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) or LL.B from an accredited ABA law school and possess active bar status in good standing.
- You must possess a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) or LL.B from an accredited ABA law school, active bar status in good standing, and one year of professional legal experience post bar admission equivalent to the GS-11 level..
Company: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A