View All ICE Jobs Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Enforcement and Removal Operations, in Charleston, South Carolina, Los Angeles, California, Tampa, Florida, and Washington, District of Columbia.
- Determine and make recommendations concerning the strategic objectives of enforcement programs and the means of their attainment;
- Conduct reviews of ongoing operations, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and determining and making substantive recommendations for improvements; responsible for developing, reviewing, and providing recommendation to plans and policies in furtherance of the overall mission of Enforcement
- Serve as principal advisor responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to the Director, Deputy Director, and other management staff; serve as liaison to other agencies, at conferences, and on boards or other committees, presents the Department of Homeland Security’s viewpoint and negotiates tentative solutions to enforcement problems;
- Make field inspections to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, furnishes leadership and guidance to field officers, and resolves problems requiring interpretation and application of policy and complex phases of the law;
- Prepare instructions to field offices, ensures that staff officers are kept informed of changes in policies and procedures, and provides timely advice on conditions or situations which would have a bearing on operations in jurisdictional areas.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- Time in Grade: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. Time in grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Company: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A