View All ICE JobsImmigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
This announcement will be used to fill multiple vacancies at Office of the Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA) field locations. Although this announcement is advertised for multiple locations, it is not intended to convey that vacancies will be filled at all locations. The salary range listed is the base salary rate; locality pay is not included. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages
- ICE is the investigative arm of DHS, and our attorneys help enforce the immigration and customs laws of the United States.
- The responsibilities of the position consist primarily of representation of the United States Government in removal proceedings before Immigration Judges, frequently involving applicants for asylum or for other forms of relief under immigration laws.
- Additional duties include providing legal advice and support to the other ICE components and litigation support to United States Attorney’s Offices in immigration and/or customs matters.
- The position also involves appellate advocacy before the Board of Immigration Appeals, including the preparation of briefs and other pleadings.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this positio.n
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply Tab).
- Requirements by Closing Date: You must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- You may be required to serve a two-year trial period, if the requirement has not been met.
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab).
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation and drug screen for federal employment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualifications by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Applicants must be a graduate of a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association and an active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Company: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A