View All Natural History Museum Jobs Natural History Museum
Specific duties include: creating work plans, assessing, analyzing, and suggesting arrangement schemes for unprocessed materials; writing finding aids for collections selected during the grant project and creating basic records for others, performing basic preservation work such as unfolding and flattening documents and transferring material to new, acid-free folders and boxes; and flagging material in the Archives for future re-housing and conservation efforts.
The position term runs for 12 months with a possibility of extension.
The position is full-time, five days a week, onsite at the AMNH, requiring active involvement with the archive material.
- Comfort taking the initiative in new settings and knowing when to ask adept questions.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- Experience managing support staff, interns, or volunteers in archive setting.
- Familiarity with basic preservation of archival materials, including proper handling, housing, and storage.
- Experience with or interest in digitization projects.
- Awareness of current developments, trends and emerging technologies in the field of archives and records management.
Company: Natural History Museum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A