View All NASA JobsNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Flight Software Systems Branch at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) is seeking a technical team lead to design, develop and test embedded software for computer systems onboard spaceflight systems. The work involves leading teams to generate, implement, and verify requirements and code for embedded software that operates and tests aerospace vehicles, robotic systems, and scientific measurement platforms.
- Serve as a technical lead for the design, development, and test of software for on-board computer systems of science instruments and/or spacecraft.
- Strategize the implementation and delivery of flight software products to meet spacecraft and science instrument development and testing milestones.
- Manage and direct problem resolution efforts on complex, controversial, and unprecedented technical issues associated with the development of embedded software systems.
- Direct a broad range of interdisciplinary development and design activities for complex computer processing requirements such as high-performance computing systems.
- Performs multiple functions which may include: planning, research, design, development, test and evaluation, cost analyses, program and project management. Monitors contracted work either externally or on-site in the facility of the contractor.
- Evaluates customer perception and actively seeks feedback for improvement to processes and work products.
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork across boundaries and organizations; uses innovative and creative thinking to find solutions to difficult problems.
- Addresses team or individual needs, including training and skill development, in order to create and maintain an agile team. Provides coaching and mentoring to team members and others.
Qualification & Experience:
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A