View All NASA JobsNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Mission Support Directorate Resources and Performance Management Office (MSD RPMO) at NASA Headquarters is currently seeking interested candidates to serve as a Program Analyst. This position is responsible for resources integration, analysis and reporting, developing/improving processes, and systems, and providing advice to organizations and management for the efficient and effective formulation and execution of budgetary resources.
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Leads holistic and insightful program and financial analysis of assigned areas.
- Leads analyses of highly complex resources, risk, and performance data in relation to program/organizational goals and objectives and requirements, making recommendations for optimal funding decisions, utilizing subject matter expertise.
- Develops with program and/or management assessments ensuring programmatic goals are well documented.
- Leads integration of all budget formulation and execution activities to ensure all actions/deliverables satisfy Agency budget planning and execution requirements (e.g., Programmatic and Institutional Guidance, Office of Management and Budget).
- Prepare communications for legislative and operations in support of NASA’s mission; communicates reports on analytical findings.
- Leads data management and analysis for studies and maintains assigned projects; utilizes data sources to identify programmatic needs.
- Leads data validation and quality control checks to ensure correctness and appropriateness of data.
- Recommends, documents and/or develops enhancements for MSD RPMO tools, systems, and processes which requires collaboration with Agency and Center level offices.
- You must meet qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- Duty location will be determined upon selection, selectee will remain at their current duty location.
- The salary range for the GS-14/15 listed on the vacancy announcement is equivalent to the lowest GS-14 and highest GS-15 locality pay across the agency; the selectee’s final salary will be set based on their duty location.
- Financial Disclosure, Drug Testing, and/or the Risk Designation for this position may differ and be required based on the duty location/NASA Center requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, which has equipped you with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above.
- To qualify for GS-14, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level participating in budget and financial management functions supporting an organization’s operations; performing data management validation processes/procedures and strategic planning; evaluating the effectiveness of programs/projects and providing recommendations for improvements.
- To qualify for GS-15, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 analyzing budget formulation and budget execution performance; supporting a complex technical organization in the formulation, execution and advocacy of an organization budget; providing guidance/recommendations to leadership explaining budget issues and budget analyses to deliver critical and time-sensitive products and services; overseeing and communicating to multiple business processes and stakeholder relationships.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A