View All Pantex Plant JobsPantex Plant
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level, and internal applicants in higher Career Levels may be considered, on an exception basis, to come across laterally based on the applicant’s education and experience, and the scope of work being performed in the role.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required.Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.
- Process Engineers functions as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on weapon operation processes and associated procedures.
- They perform duties and tasks that are vital to ensuring the reliability and integrity of the nation’s nuclear weapons stockpile.
- Process Engineers ensure weapon operation processes comply with customer specifications and requirements, including Design Agency requirements and safety basis requirements.
- Process Engineers are responsible for achieving approval for readiness assessments on new processes, including supervision during the conduct of start-up plans and ensure tests are conducted as written.
- They develop, maintain, and lead implementation of new weapon processes and changes on existing weapon processes.
- Process Engineers performs process studies and evaluations and lead efforts to resolve technical issues that may impact production, quality, efficiency, capability, and capacity.
- They participate and advise in training to operations personnel.
- Act as technical and project lead for weapon system
- Present information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word
- Coordinate verification and validation of documents with technical and operations personnel prior to release for approval and implementation
- Lead and implement change throughout Pantex and Nuclear Weapons Complex
- Recommend, prepare, and maintain operating procedures and historical information
- Interact with organizations across the Nuclear Weapons Complex
- The position requires coordinating and executing the writing, editing, and revising of Operating Procedures in accordance with Design Agency drawings, specifications, technical papers, reports, and other documentation
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/physical science/information technology discipline with a minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA OR a Master’s degree in engineering/physical science/information technology discipline with a minimum 3.3/4.0 cumulative GPA OR a PhD in engineering/physical science/information technology discipline with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- There is a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement up to 4 years post-graduation at time of offer and confirmed by transcript. Beyond four years from graduation, engineering experience will supersede GPA as a requirement for hire.
Company: Pantex Plant
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A