View All Pantex Plant JobsPantex Plant
As an NPAC R&D Program Manager, you will have the ability to have a high level of project ownership by directing and managing all phases of projects (from inception through completion), while also providing technical expertise to projects by conducting research and contributing to project deliverables. The NPAC R&D Program Manager will have the opportunity to work with the NPAC R&D Team Leads for NA-22, NA-24, Nuclear Detection, and DHS/Forensics to support a broad range of nonproliferation and arms control missions supported by the NPAC R&D team. NPAC R&D Program Manager responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 2 years of relevant experience. Typical relevant experience ranging from 4 to 7 years.
- OR a Master’s degree and a minimum 1 years of relevant experience.
- Ten or more years of relevant education, training, and/or progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
- Prefers a PhD in nuclear engineering, physics, or a related technical field and relevant work experience associated with nuclear detection with demonstrated professional expertise.
- Previous experience in nuclear nonproliferation R&D and/or experience supporting one of the NA-20 NNSA HQ Program Offices in Washington, D.C. (through either a Nonproliferation Graduate Fellowship or other relevant experience) is highly desired.
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness in project management experience is preferred, specifically as it relates to fiscal responsibility, product quality, and schedule compliance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with a diverse range of people, who may be technical specialists, researchers, commercial and government customers, and industry stakeholders, and who may be located either domestically or abroad.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to independently accomplish objectives and deliverables and manage competing priorities without continuous supervision.
- Occasional domestic and limited international travel is required.
Company: Pantex Plant
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A