The Senior Reservoir Engineer evaluates gas reserves, supplies and properties and provides estimates of long-term availability. The position is responsible for designing gas storage well and reservoir engineering, operations, maintenance, and construction including storage well projects from designing and constructing well head repairs to well reworks and new well installation. It contributes toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability and affordability for one or more asset families and one or more life cycles.
- Solves moderate to complex engineering problems and enhances or improves existing approaches through corrective action and continuous improvement processes
- Serves as liaison for various internal and external departments such as Division of Oil and Gas & Geothermal Resources, facility and controls engineering to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Conducts annual storage field inventory analysis and reports findings
- Monitors injection and withdrawal performance of storage fields and provides forecasts and reports.
- May assist in design philosophy of surface flow and control processes
- Constructs reservoir simulation models of storage field operations and uses models for performance prediction and performance enhancement studies with assistance
- Assesses well Integrity and reports anomalies. Develops remedial responses and actions.
- Implements and maintains geologic and geographic maps and mapping systems
- Performs geologic and engineering evaluation of storage development or enhancement prospects
- Administers gas storage data base (GSDB) for reservoir services section
- Professional Engineer registration
- Project management experience
- Reservoir performance analysis experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as both an office and field setting
Qualification & Experience :
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5 years of engineering experience including 2 years in a gas production and reservoir-related field.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license on day one of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in geological, petroleum engineering
- Work experience related to natural gas transmission or natural gas distribution
- Experience on all or part of the project life cycle (from conceptual design to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front line gas operations
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: N/A