Website State of Connecticut
As a new state employee we offer a variety of medical and dental plans and participation in a hybrid retirement plan which provides a retirement benefit, that may include retiree health insurance. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, as well as, vacation, sick and personal leave accruals. We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all CT Department of Correction (DOC) facilities statewide which includes over 280 buildings, and approximately 6 million sq. ft. on 3,000 acres of land.
- Oversee 200 skilled trade that perform maintenance and repair of: Heating and cooling plants, HVACR systems, Plumbing systems, Electrical distribution, Emergency Generators, EMS systems, Security/intrusion detection systems, Fire alarm and fire suppression systems, Video surveillance systems, Cell/door control systems, Radio systems.
- Develop and oversee $43M dollar facility budget for all DOC facilities.
- Approve purchases of equipment and services.
- Oversee agency capital projects.
- Develop and implement agency facility energy conservation policy and projects.
- Act as engineering liaison with other DOC units, agencies, municipalities and outside officials.
- Develop policies and procedures for environmental, OSHA, DPH, maintenance, and inventory compliance.
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A