Website State of Connecticut
The State of Connecticut , Department of Correction (DOC), is seeking to fill a position for a highly motivated and experienced licensed Dentist for Carl Robinson Correctional Institute in Enfield. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Provides preventive dental maintenance and acute dental care including oral examinations and diagnoses, operative and prosthetic dentistry, exodontia, periodontia, radiology and prophylaxis; consults with physicians in order to aid in medical diagnoses by investigating possible foci of dental and oral infections which might affect physical condition of clients; requests laboratory tests and x-rays; administers drugs; responds to dental emergencies; educates clients and staff on importance of good oral health and dental services offered by facility; may participate in instruction of dental residents and dental assistant students; performs related duties as required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of dental operative techniques and dental surgery; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain a license as a dentist issued by the Connecticut State Department of Health Services in accordance with the applicable Connecticut General Statutes
- A Hazardous Duty pension plan (State Employees Retirement System Tier IV)
- Retire in 25 years (Prorated for Part time) – with pension & healthcare benefits
- Excellent health benefits along with additional supplemental benefits
- A challenging yet rewarding experience
- State License reimbursement
- Eligibility to apply for Federal student loan forgiveness program
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A