Website State of Connecticut
Transportation Engineer 3’s (Construction Engineering) are assigned to assist and carry out direction from the DOT’s supervising engineers and managers in accordance with federal and state statutes, policies and regulations. They may be assigned within the district as a lead of the various office engineering teams or as a field project engineer.
- Conducts field and office investigations of engineering, technical or other problems and prepares reports for higher level employees; analyzes problems and recommends effective solutions; assists in establishment of policy, procedures and methods; represents department in legislative matters; assists in development and review of department contracts; performs related duties as required.
- As assigned by the supervisor distributes, prioritizes, oversees and reviews unit work; provides staff training and assistance; conducts or assists in conducting performance evaluations; acts as liaison with operating units, agencies, consultant staffs and other outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; recommends policies and standards; prepares reports and correspondence; performs related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices involved in transportation construction engineering such as construction, surveys, geodetic surveys and materials testing; considerable knowledge of highway construction methods and materials;
- Knowledge of administrative and financial controls with respect to transportation construction engineering plans, contracts, projects and reports: considerable knowledge of operational methodologies and established policies; considerable analytical, problem solving and technical report development skills; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills;
- Considerable ability to interpret and apply principles of information systems and technologies; ability to analyze plans and estimates; some supervisory ability.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management and three (3) years of experience in transportation construction engineering.
- One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the working level in a professional transportation construction engineering capacity. For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Transportation Engineer 2 (CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING).
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Milford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A