Website State of Connecticut
The Department of Correction shall strive to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law-abiding and accountable behaviors. Safety and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens, and offenders.
- Independently assess patients, develop a nursing diagnosis, develop and implement a treatment plan, and provide patient education and self-care through the nursing sick call process
- Performs health screenings and makes triage decisions contributing to the health and safety of patients
- Collaborates with multiple disciplines: custody, medical, mental health, dental and other health care support professionals
- Play a key role in the identification, treatment and control of the transmission of infections
- Provide nursing care to special populations such as women’s health, juvenile health, end-of-life care, mental health, infirmary care
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team in providing chronic disease management by coordinating and managing chronic disease care
- Advance quality, patient safety and a culture of safety by volunteering as a nurse educator, preceptor; participate in facility-based quality and best practices committees
- Candidates may be required to have experience working with adolescents or in women’s health or mental health care.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a current license or temporary permit as a Registered Professional Nurse in Connecticut.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to be fluent in a foreign language or proficient in the use of the American Sign Language in certain designated positions.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Manchester, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A