Website State of Connecticut
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
- Directs staff and operations of the agency’s legal division; coordinates, plans and manages division activities; formulates program goals and objectives; develops or assists in development of related policies; interprets and administers pertinent laws; evaluates staff; prepares or assists in preparation of division budget;
- Maintains contacts with individuals both within and outside of division who might impact on program activities; in consultation with the Attorney General’s office, directs the research of legal issues or researches complex legal issues relating to the agency; examines potential litigation and makes recommendations to agency Commissioner; drafts legal memoranda, legal opinion letters or declaratory rulings;
- Participates in the drafting and review of all proposed legislation, regulations and agency policies and guidance documents; oversees the drafting and administrative review of all agency contracts and agreements; may manage all FOIA requests for the agency; conducts investigations as required; may act as agency legislative liaison; may testify before legislative committee;
- Performs related duties are required.
- Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; considerable knowledge of the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act; considerable knowledge of relevant agency policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of and ability to interpret relevant State and Federal laws, statutes and regulations;
- Considerable knowledge of legal practices and procedures in federal courts and state venues; considerable knowledge of legislative processes; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience practicing law.
- Three (3) years of the experience must have been at the advanced working level, practicing law related to the agency’s business or operations.
- Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- ive (5) years admission to Connecticut Bar
- Experience with Connecticut workers’ compensation law
- Legal writing and research skills
- Experience supervising legal professional staff
- Experience with appellate and insurance law
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A