Website State of Maryland
The main purpose of this position is to lead agency recruitment efforts of Correctional Officer I and other Hard-to-Fill mandated positions in the assigned region. This position is responsible for sourcing candidates, following up with those who are interested, planning and organizing attending career/job fairs hosted by DPSCS and external organizations, developing partnerships with organizations and universities in the local community of the assigned region.
- Seek, develop and maintain relationships with external parties to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Develop region specific social media campaigns to be promoted and carried out by the Communications Department
- Organize and coordinate DPSCS sponsored hiring events at DPSCS facilities and outside vendors
- Serve as the point of contact for applicants and hiring partners within assigned region
- Attend and set up presentations at career and job fairs, open houses and other networking events for prospective employees both in person and virtual
- Maintain database of community and national hiring partners
- Keep up to date with local job market, and recruitment trends, researching new innovative ways to draw in prospects
- Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
- Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience: One (1) year experience in administrative or professional work.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A