Website State of Maryland
This part-time contractual position will function at the full performance level providing assistance in the care, treatment, habilitation of aged, physically ill patients/residents in our facility. This position will receive general supervision from the nursing staff or other designated healthcare administrator. The employee may be assigned to day, evening, night, or rotating shifts, which may include holidays and weekends, and will be subject to call-in and overtime, based on staffing needs. Work may include lifting patients/residents, wheelchairs, and heavy equipment.
- Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant with a Geriatric Nursing Assistant certification designation from the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
- Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
- Employees in this classification must successfully complete an in-service training program approved by the hiring facility within the first three months prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
- Employees must maintain a current listing in the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry of the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
- Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
- Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A