Website State of Maryland
The main purpose of a Natural Resources Police (NRP) Corporal is to function as the lead worker enforcing State and federal laws and Department of Natural Resources (DNR) rules and regulations as they apply to DNR/NRP functions and responsibilities related to conservation, boating, DNR managed lands, criminal, civil and traffic violations.
- Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
- Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis.
- Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs. 5. Employees in this classification are subject to assignment in any area of the State.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission regulation
- Three years of experience as a commissioned law enforcement officer, at least two years of which must have been as a commissioned natural resources law enforcement officer at the full performance level.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Pikesville, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A