View All State of South Dakota JobsState of South Dakota
Subject to supervision by a lead worker deputy and/or the Clerk of Court, this position is responsible for performing and assisting other court personnel in duties associated with case management activities of criminal, civil, traffic or other cases in magistrate and circuit court from initial filing to final disposition.
- maintaining bookkeeping records of all monies collected; recording support payments; maintaining accounts receivable and restitution payments, compiling reports on transactions and statistics; making daily deposits and submitting money to County Treasurer;
- reviewing legal documents for completeness, adequacy, and accuracy; determining processing required and taking necessary action in accordance with court rules;
- filing and indexing documents on any new or ongoing action for civil, criminal, probate, juvenile; adoption, mental illness, traffic, family, and small claims cases, as well as appeals, using manual and automated processes;
- performing statewide court record/information searches of persons, using primarily automated processes;
- processing passport applications;
- scheduling court dates and attending court hearings to record events as they occur;
- assisting the general public with questions and concerns about court records and judicial procedure.
- general office practices and procedures;
- fundamentals of customer service;
- principles and practices of accounting and bookkeeping;
- court/legal terminology, laws, policies, and judicial processes.
- working with computers (data entry, word processing, email, spreadsheets, calendars);
- communicating effectively orally and in writing, in person, using a Telephone, or by mail;
- organizing and prioritizing work and managing time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate and one year of general clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Company: State of South Dakota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Mitchell, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A