View All State of South Dakota JobsState of South Dakota
This position manages a caseload of convicted felons on community supervision, develops placements and resources, and conducts special investigations to promote the reform and redirection of persons under community supervision while ensuring the safety of society.
- evidence Based Practices related to corrections and community supervision;
- effective case management techniques;
- principles, methods and procedures to facilitate an acceptable reintegration and/or continued adjustment of persons under community supervision within their environment;
- the attitude, problems, and behavior of persons under community supervision;
- human behaviors and interpersonal relationships;
- basic terminology and concepts of corrections and community supervision;
- legal terminology and procedures;
- chemical agents, restraints and basic firearm safety and employment techniques;
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- individual counseling techniques.
- document logically, accurately, and concisely all pertinent information and decisions;
- communicate information clearly and accurately;
- on an ongoing basis, the incumbent must possess the ability to effectively plan, organize, schedule, direct and evaluate a caseload of parolees;
- interact with persons under community supervision and others to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with them;
- exercise the physical and mental capability to protect oneself and assigned firearm;
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of related experience in preferred.
Company: State of South Dakota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Aberdeen, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A