View All State of South Dakota JobsState of South Dakota
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat, humid/watery conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Follows shop orders to prioritize and organize parts to be painted, beginning with those with earliest ship dates.
- Performs a variety of duties such as grinding, chipping and sanding to remove any rust spots on parts prior to painting.
- Removes all tags and cleans products to prepare for painting; rinses with anti-rust agent and places on rack to dry. Re-applies all tags and records washed parts on transfer sheet.
- Organizes parts that need to be painted by color.
- Caulks parts as necessary.
- Operates forklift / bridge crane to deliver parts to paint, to hang parts on drying hooks, and to deliver to assembly once dry.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- Continuously lift/move 10 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stand; walk; bend/stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist; and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ months’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
Company: State of South Dakota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Mitchell, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A