View All State of South Dakota JobsState of South Dakota
The LPN works under the supervision of the House Supervisor/RN and utilizes nursing skills in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Assists the RN in the delivery of Healthcare based on the individual needs including age related consideration and pain assessment. The LPN provides nursing care as defined in department policies, procedures, schedules and standards of the profession and in accordance with the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
- Administers medications and treatments properly and in a timely manner.
- Assesses the health status and pain of the patient in order to develop an individualized care plan.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies and procedures, and integrates knowledge into delivery of care.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing division and unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates skill and judgment necessary to implement physician orders, procedures, and nursing interventions.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
- Educates patients and families considering age specific needs.
- Performs direct patient care at a high professional level on a timely basis to meet the need of inpatients/outpatients.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- Prioritizes and organizes delivery of care in a consistent manner. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Provides leadership for team and input into Departmental management.
- Continuously lift/move 10 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stand; walk; bend/stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist; and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience – 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Company: State of South Dakota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Rapid City, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A