View All State of South Dakota JobsState of South Dakota
The Registered Nurse facilitates relationship-centered, compassionate, quality care to patients through competent clinical practice and the application of the healing and science of professional nursing. Optimizes health and healing, prevention or resolution of illness, disability or injury, alleviation of suffering, and advocacy in the care of individuals in conjunction with interdisciplinary teams of Healthcare providers, family members, and support systems. Exercises independent judgement in utilizing the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care in accordance to ANA Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
- The nurse’s primary commitment is to the patient, whether an individual, family, group or community.
- The nurse promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety, and rights of the patient.
- The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse’s obligation to provide optimum patient care.
- The nurse owns the same duties to self as to others, including the responsibility to preserve integrity and safety, to maintain competence, and to continue personal and professional growth.
- The nurse participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving Healthcare environments and conditions of employment conducive to the provision of quality Healthcare and consistent with the values of the profession through individual and collective action.
- The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession through contributions to practice, education, administration, and knowledge development.
- The nurse collaborates with other health professionals and the public in promoting community, national, and international efforts to meet health needs.
- The professional of nursing, as represented by associations and their members, is responsible for articulating nursing values, for maintaining the integrity of the profession and its practice, and for shaping social policy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associates degree in Nursing
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification – American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) – South Dakota Board of Nursing
- Experience – 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
- Education – Bachelors degree in Nursing
Company: State of South Dakota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Rapid City, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A