View All Y-12 National Security Complex JobsY-12 National Security Complex
The candidate will function as a member of the EVMS Systems Group in support of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Systems implementation. In this role, the candidate will ensure the continued EVMS compliance through the maintenance of the supporting systems, providing guidance to project controls personnel, and enforcing compliance through the implementation of EVMS Systems processes and procedures. From an EVMS Systems applications maintenance perspective, the candidate will support the following applications or reporting platforms: Primavera P6, CloudEVM, Empower, Acumen Fuse, Access Databases, Web Based Databases, Risk Management Tools and Crystal Reports. Applications that are Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) applications will require continued maintenance to ensure they are maintained at the current stable version, that the release of new software is done in a curated fashion to ensure continuity of operations from a project controls perspective. This release process typically includes the development and execution of test plans, coordinating releases through cyber security and software quality assurance, end-user training, and coordinating upgrades with Information Technology (IT).
- Due to the impacts on project control deliverables, releases must be planned and coordinated with multiple organizations to ensure a successful implementation.
- As a member of the EVMS Systems support team the candidate will mentor project controls on the proper use of the aforementioned COTS applications, provide guidance to ensure compliance, and end-user training.
- The candidate will use their existing knowledge of Access and Crystal reports to provide EVMS Systems solutions, but will be groomed by the lead EVMS developer to develop tailored web based solutions over time.
- The candidate will receive issues escalated from project controls that require resolution from a technical or systems integration perspective and will be responsible for resolving the issue to completion. Issue resolution may require detailed analysis of end-user generated data (schedule), or the analysis of SQL developed in-house or by an external vendor.
- From an EVMS Compliance perspective the candidate will ensure the successful and compliant completion of EVMS deliverables applicable to EVMS Systems.
- This includes the proper execution of baseline change control, and systems integration of EVMS key elements.
- As such, the candidate will verify that EV Projects are implemented and maintained as approved. The candidate will participate with project controls from the inception to the completion of a project to ensure that the prerequisite requirements for proper systems integration and EVMS principles are clearly defined and communicated.
- The candidate will work closely with EVMS Compliance, or specifically the assigned System Surveillance Officer (SSO) to escalate compliance issues for resolution.
- The candidate will be expected to present and provide insight from an EVMS Systems perspective in layman’s terms to senior management, project stakeholders, and PM-30.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining Access database applications
- Proficient in developing Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software, including configuration and management of enterprise features and data
- Hands-on experience utilizing and maintaining project cost processors in an earned value management systems environment
- Must proactively self-initiate a continuously updated knowledge base of current EVMS methodologies, systems and emerging practices. Must be able to use these current practices to drive effective results
- Professional certifications are a plus
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of relevant experience
- OR Master’s degree with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- OR Thirteen or more years of education and/or relevant experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting
- Experience working on Government systems, preferably DOE
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A